Jhumka earrings are an Indian design of jewelry that is extremely popular. I tried looking up some history about it, but it is so hard to find! I’m guessing it’s one of those things that is so old that there is not much of a story known behind it. There are many styles, ranging from super simple umbrella shapes to multi layered with beads. Sometimes in the past decade or so paper quilled jhumka earrings became popular. It would be awesome to know who was the first to come up with this idea! Paper quilling seems to be a hugely popular craft in India, so of course the artists there have translated that into colorful and unique jewelry. There are two awesome things about making quilled jhumka earrings:
- They are lightweight! Jhumka earrings are usually made from metal and can be quite heavy. Paper quilled jhumkas give you the beauty without the pain of heavy earrings!
- They can be colorful! Indian clothing comes in such gorgeous designs and colors that it can be tricky finding just the right matching jewelry. But if you make your own, it’s so much easier! You can make a pair to match any outfit you have.
Jhumka with Studs
Jhumka with Beads
Jhumkas with Dangles
Jhumkas with Outside Dangles
I hope you enjoy the tutorial roundup and find it helpful! Feel free to leave any comments or questions, and stick around to view some more great pages here!
- Click here to view more free paper quilling tutorials!
- Click here to view paper quilling tips and tricks!
- Click here to view a list of places to buy quilling supplies around the world!
- Click here to view some of my own quilling projects, with tips so you can make your own if you’d like!
*This post contains some affiliate links, and some non affiliate links. If you purchase products through the affiliate links I get a small percentage (at no extra cost to you!). I only link to products that I believe in and/or love to use myself. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Follow me here on: